AGC’s CARBOGLASS?/TWINCARBO?T have a history of over more than 30 years, and have been developed in a wide variety of fields such as the architecture, industry, vehicle, and optical fields. We have a one-stop system of not only manufacturing sheet, thin plate, and film with melt extrusion molding, but also coating/cutting, and product development. With this abundant lineup, we respond widely to the users’ requirements.
Support short delivery time and free cut
Main types of sheets are regularly in stock with a large plate dimension of 2000mm×4000mm, and we cut as required in a short delivery time, and deliver to the specified location for one sheet or more.
Wide range of products
The plate thickness is from 0.1mmt to 15mmt and color variation is the top in the field. We also have a lineup of high functional products with various coatings applied at our own facility, and having high weather resistance and improved excoriation resistance.
Additionally, we have hollow polycarbonate products as well, and can support a wide variety of needs.
- CARBOGLASS? is a registered trademark of AGC Inc.
Polycarbonate is called a transparent metal, and it is a lightweight and tough transparent material which is easy to form and hard to break when compared to glass. Furthermore, it has better flame retardancy compared to acrylic, and has been widely recognized as a safe material. Like vinyl chloride, there is no concern regarding toxic gas at the time of incineration.
- High shock resistance
- About 200 times higher than glass of the same thickness, and about 30 times higher than acrylic
- About half the weight of glass due to its specific gravity of 1.2
- Flame retardancy
- Flames naturally go out when moved away from a flame source, and there is less concern over toxic gas compared to plastics
- Easy processing and forming
- Cutting, drilling, and notching are easy, while cold forming which bends with heat forming and at normal temperatures is also possible.
- Wide range of working temperature
- From -40℃ to +125℃ (from 0℃ to 90℃ for acrylic)